When I was pregnant I cooked big batches of food to freeze so we didn't have to rely on take always and junk food once Little Chunk arrived. This soup was really simple to make and perfect for freezing! (I made about 4 times the amount this recipe is for as I planned to freeze it). We defrosted some the other day for lunch and it was delicious. I got this recipe from the Hamlyn 200 Meals for Two recipe book.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 tin of coconut milk
600ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and fry for 3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the sweet potato and chicken and fry for 2-3 mins until the chicken is coloured all over
3. Add the coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 mins until potato is tender.
4. Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Season to taster with salt, stir through chopped coriander and serve.