Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
500g minced beef
1 large egg
Approx 50g breadcrumbs
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons of english mustard
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
Handful of mushrooms, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed/minced (we love garlic, adjust amount according to your preference!)
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Dash of worcester sauce
Approx 100ml water
2 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
Sprinkle of dried crushed chillis
1. Pick Rosemary leaves from the sprigs and discard the stalks. Finely chop.
2. Add to mixing bowl with mince, egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper. Scrunch and mix up well using your hands.
3. Divide into 4 large balls. With wet hands, divide each ball into 6 and roll into little meatballs – you should end up with 24. Place in the fridge until needed.
4. Fry onions in a little oil, when starting to soften add garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 mins.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, water, worcester sauce, herbs and chilli and simmer for 15 mins.
6. In a separate pan, fry meatballs until browned and cooked through
7. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for another 15 mins. Serve with pasta and a side salad.